The WES Gender and Youth mainstreaming approach
Since its initiation WES has been committed to promoting gender equality and the empowerment of women and youth in its structure and management, as well as in its activities.
The main objectives and activities of this horizontal, crosscutting action of the WES project are currently encapsulated in:
- the WES Report on Gender and Youth Mainstreaming, which includes:
- an analytic desktop study of the institutional setting globally and at regional level relevant to Gender Mainstreaming, Women Empowerment and Youth involvement (conducted in 2020),
- country profiles for each of the WES partner countries,
- a survey of women civil society organisations as well as one of youth-related civil society organisations,
- and finally, the Action Plans and Roadmap for the Gender and Youth-mainstreaming related activities in the WES framework until 2023 (including performance and impact indicators).
- the WES Gender and Youth-friendly Code of Conduct, which we expect all WES experts, team members and participants to embrace so that no one feels left behind, but instead feels included and respected.