We have the pleasure of inviting you (or a colleague of yours) to the ENI CBC Med Plastic Busters CAP e-course on marine litter monitoring and mitigation.
The 8-hour-long online training will take place on the 17th and 19th of January 2023 and is organized in cooperation with WES.
The e-course, which targets marine litter practitioners and conservationists, will address the following themes:
Monitoring approaches to assess the presence and effects of marine litter
17th January 2023, 10.00-14.00 CET (4 hrs)
- Session 1: Monitoring approaches for macrolitter on the coastal & marine environment (1.5 hrs)
- Session 2: Monitoring approaches for microlitter on the coastal & marine environment (1 hr)
- Session 3: Monitoring approaches for marine litter presence and effects of biota (1.5 hrs)
Measures to prevent and mitigate the effects of marine litter
19th January 2023, 10.00-14.00 CET (4 hrs)
- Session 1: Busting the myths and misconceptions related to marine litter solutions (0.5 hrs)
- Session 2: Operationalising measures to address land-based sources of marine litter (2 hrs)
- Session 3: Operationalising measures to address sea-based sources of marine litter (1.5 hrs)
Kindly register here by the 10th of January 2023 at the latest and note that the e-course will be held in English, while interpretation in Arabic will also be available.